2015: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
This has been one crazy year in my life. As many of us do, I'm driven to reflect on events these past twelve months. I'm also of the mind that I prefer a life with high highs and low lows versus a predictable, monotonous one. Luckily this year is stacked on the "high" side. I’m a listmaker so here goes:
- Nation of Enemies is published. I’m a published author! This actually goes beyond the category of “Good” so I’ll just put it at the top.
- My family is healthy.
- I adore my children 98% of the time.
- My husband and I are employed. This helps with some of the ugliness listed below.
- I’m working on my next book and loving every minute. Not a thriller. Can’t say much at this point.
- In general, on most days, I’m happy. I aim for balance. Achieve it fleetingly. But mostly I am happy.
- It’s highly likely that the above (happy) comes from my family and friends. The lot of them are amazing.
- It’s 60 degrees at Christmastime! Had to give the weather a shout-out.
- My car is still running. 100k + crumbs/spills/etc. but it still hums along.
- We finally building an addition onto our tiny house! (see below, this is a redundant entry).
- My cockapoo is still sprightly at age 12.
- Never enough time.
- Never enough wine.
- 2% of the time with my kids.
- A family member just had major surgery (*technically this could be a redundant entry under “The Good” because she is recovering and will be fine).
- Living in a house that is being renovated.
- Trump (also redundant, I know).
As a gift to any of you who haven’t yet read Nation of Enemies, I want to end the year right by letting you know that the ebook is currently on sale during the holidays - @ $.99 on Kindle and via BookBub.
I'm wishing all of you a hearty, healthy, happy holidays! And a peaceful, more-good-than-not 2016!